Saturday 14 September 2013

My iPod #146: Lostprophets - Burn Burn

I owe a lot to EA Sports and their FIFA series. Not only because they made me more of a football (soccer...) fan, but because the music they had on their soundtracks was amazing! If I wasn't playing FIFA, I don't know what music I'd be listening to now. I definitely wouldn't have my diverse taste that I have in music, if I do say so myself.

It's going to be ten years since I've started listening to Lostprophets, and it's all because this song was in FIFA 2004. Oh wow. Remember those times when the whole year was in the title instead of the last two numbers? Yep, I have been playing FIFA for that long.

"Burn Burn" was released as the first single from the band's second album "Start Something", which is my personal favourite and what I consider to be their best. It was one of the songs on that particular FIFA game that I learned the words to and would sing-along to whenever it came on, just because it was so energy-inducing.

It's all about rebellion, which ties in with the theme of "getting up and doing something" which is present throughout the album. There's plenty of "gang vocals" too, and is a good song to yell to whilst on a drunken night out with your mates. I'm not speaking from experience, I'm just saying you may want to do that if you're into those activities.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment