Tuesday 8 April 2014

My iPod #274: Daft Punk - Digital Love

"Digital Love" was a single from Daft Punk's second album "Discovery" which came out in 2001.

I'm very sure that the video (the one you see above) aired on Cartoon Network once. Just one time. That was the first time I saw it too, but I always have doubts about whether it is because I was so young. I do remember a seeing a spaceship crashing into a forest, and a blue person coming out of it. That does happen in the video, right? Even if I did see it then, I must have heard the opening introduction in a lot of adverts or promotions for sitcoms or something.

Enough about me. You wanna know more about the track and what is in it. Well.....

1) The main chord progression that repeats throughout the whole song is actually a four second sample of an older track.
2) It's about being so far away from someone that the only way that physical contact is possible is in one's dreams.... which is sad. But that's okay because...
3) It's really funky. Got a proper four-on-the-floor disco beat.
4) Contains a shredding solo which starts near the end, lasts for about 40-50 seconds (off the top of my head) before fading out to a close.

The track is goooood. My favourite single from the album. Not song.... but single.

No comments:

Post a Comment