Tuesday 15 April 2014

My iPod #281: Arctic Monkeys - Do Me a Favour

"Do Me a Favour" is a song from Arctic Monkeys' second album "Favourite Worst Nightmare". Have I mentioned that this my favourite album of theirs? I may have done before. I'll assume that I've stated why that is my opinion, so I won't go into that again.

Placed after the mellowest track on the album, "Do Me a Favour" starts off the second half of "Nightmare" with a minor-key track about the end of a relationship from the point of view of a man who has cheated on his girlfriend and feeling so guilty about it eventually tells her.

The track begins with ominous rolls on the tom-toms, followed by ascending bass line and Alex Turner's vocals. It continues to slowly build brick by brick (hehe), as the guitars are introduced later on. The majority of "Favour" is calmly delivered, before launching into the explosion near the end where Turner sings the last verse and everything comes to a close.

As it is only an album track, there is not much extra information I am able to provide. Sorry. The point is, it's a decent one. If you haven't heard it, spare a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment