Thursday 27 June 2013

My iPod #67: Arctic Monkeys - Balaclava

To be honest... this is my least favourite song on "Favourite Worst Nightmare".

Yes, it's another Arctic Monkeys song today. I can only type what comes up alphabetically on my iPod, this is not some sort of conspiracy or anything.

In things of an unrelated matter, I went to Westfield in Stratford to watch "Fast & Furious 6". How was it? Not much different from any of the other Fast & Furious films I've seen. Vin Diesel's still there, he doesn't die. The other main character's there, he doesn't die. Ludacris and the other black guy are portrayed as the joke characters, they're not very important. And there's definitely going to be ANOTHER film in the series. I won't say why if you care that much about it.

Back to the song - yeah, "Balaclava" in my opinion is not that great. I'm not sure what it is about it, whether it's the key the song is in or if it's the melody. It's just not my thing, it's the same as "Brianstorm" in that it doesn't have a verse-chorus-verse structure, but "Brianstorm" is much better in that it's fast, catchy and has a good riff. "Balaclava" doesn't have any of those. I don't know why I still have it on my iPod actually. I'm sorry for the people who like this song, but this is my blog. I say what I want to.

Will I change my mind?

Probably not.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

No comments:

Post a Comment