Saturday 29 June 2013

My iPod #69: Hot Hot Heat - Bandages

Bandages, bandages, bandages. Bandages, bandages, bandageeuuus. Bandages, bandages have advantages too.

Hey everybody.

"Bandages" was the first song I heard by Hot Hot Heat when I was nine or ten. It was around that time that I would get ot of bed at 6 o'clock in the morning, turn on the TV and start watching MTV2.

I think the song was one that appeared the first time that I had actually watched MTV2, and then I started discovering more and more music as time went on, which was much better than any of the chart music at the time. And that was when chart music was bearable.

I think the chorus is what got me hooked right away. Steve Bays, the lead singer, sings in a very strange way but that chorus is a belter.

This song is also noted for its varied mondegreens, ranging from "Panda jizz" to "Ban the cheese" and "Blame the jews", instead of "Bandages". He clearly says "Bandages", but for people who don't know the song title, he could be singing any of those options.

Until tomorrow.

Jamie.

P.S. Breaking Bad is amazing. Why did I not start watching it earlier?

No comments:

Post a Comment