Sunday 24 February 2013

Predicament solved. New blog series!

Fuck it.

That is my decision for yesterday's post. As the saying goes, 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it.'

But on the topic of my iPod, I was wondering what I could do to bring some consistency to my new blog.

I don't just want to come on here one day with nothing to write about. I've been looking through the songs that I have on my 'portable device' and wondering... 'damn, this is the music that I've enjoyed throughout my life.... where does the time go? blah blah blah nostalgia'.

So I'm going to guide you, in alphabetical order, through the songs I have, how I discovered them and whatever.

So number one.....

The Futureheads - A to B

OK. The Futureheads are a four piece band from Sunderland, consisting of two brothers and two other guys. I've listened to them for about... nine years now, ever since their debut album came out in 2004.

I think the first song I heard by them was 'Decent Days and Nights', when I was watching good old MTV2, when it actually played a wider variety of better music. It is now called MTV Rocks, but it doesn't rock at all. Not. at. all.

But anyway, I liked that song and I remember I went shopping with my mum in Tesco one day, and we were in the CD aisle and I saw the front cover of The Futureheads album. I saw it, and the conversation as I recall went a little something like:

Mum: "What's that?"
Me: "It's an album by a band I listen to."
Mum: "Do you like them?"
Me: "Yeah, sure."
Mum: "Alright, well then put it in [the trolley]."

And I've never looked back since.

I wouldn't say that The Futureheads are one of my all time favourite bands, but they have really good, catchy songs with great vocals and punchy instrumentation.

Check out some other stuff by them if you want. Their latest album 'Rant' was released last year, but is only acapella.... so get that if you're into that kind of stuff.

Did you like this blog entry? Comment on it, and I'll try and make these as daily as I can.

Until next time.

Jamie       

No comments:

Post a Comment