Monday 25 February 2013

My iPod #2: Grandaddy - A.M. 180

Hi everyone.

This is the second song of the 'A' section of the music on my iPod. It's called A.M. 180 by the band Grandaddy.

I heard this song for the first time a while back in 2005/06 when I was 10/11 on an advert BBC One showed about xFM, a radio station which at the time was hosted by Alex Zane.

The opening 'riff', if you could call it that, played on that certain advert; at the time I had never come across it before. But BBC just kept on repeating it over and over again, so I had to search it on the internet.

I went onto Google, searched it up, found out the name of the song and who it was by, listened to it once on Myspace, didn't think much of it and eventually forgot about it....

Until I remembered the beginning of the song last year. 5 bloody years later.

Would I ever be able to find the song again? What is my life? Why always me?

Using Google again, I found a site where you could hum or sing a part of a song into your microphone and the song you wanted came up as a result.

Somehow it worked. So I went onto we7, played that song whilst using Freecorder and put that shit right on my iPod.

I'm sorry to say that this may be a (hopefully rare) occasion where I don't have a lot to say about this band, because I haven't heard anything else by them except for this song. Maybe I should one day. According to Wikipedia, the members got back together last year so.... hooray! I guess.

Until next time.

Jamie

P.S. I'm not one to encourage illegal downloading even though I have been for many years now, but if you don't want to buy anything, Freecorder is the greatest shit ever.

P.S.S. Google saves lives.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment