Friday 28 February 2014

My iPod #235: be your own PET - Damn Damn Leash

I'm in year six all over again.... I say this because it was released in 2005.... when I was in that year of education.

"Damn Damn Leash" was the first song I ever heard by be your own PET. It was on the band's first official release. I liked its video so much that I put it on my Piczo website I made. The members are chased and engulfed by a weird monster, which is clearly a group of people under a huge cloth with some material used to make the head. It has nothing to do with the lyrics whatsoever, I just think it's humourous.

The song had its own EP accompanied with two other songs. I was a bit disappointed to see that, when my sister borrowed their debut album from a friend of hers, the song was not on there. Looking at it now, there wouldn't have been much point to put on something that was recorded two years prior onto it.

I'm still not sure what this song is about after almost ten years (that frightens me a bit). I'll go with a guess that it is about being led on by someone to the extent that you have no clue what to do or how to act.

It's good, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment