Friday 28 February 2014

My iPod #234: Blink-182 - Dammit

Today I write this post whilst lying on my bed. It's just one of those days.

Couldn't do a post yesterday, for anyone who follows me on Twitter you would have known this. @JamieKManteaw by the way. I'll do another later on, as I usually do whenever the situation occurs.

"Dammit" is a song from Blink-182's second album "Dude Ranch". Sung by the bassist Mark Hoppus, the track is about a break-up and various feelings that arise from it. A very lazy way to put it, but it is true.

Clips of the video for "Dammit" amongst their other singles appeared in the band's video for "Not Now" back in 2005 when the trio released their greatest hits compilation and later split up. That got me watching all of their videos because pre-Enema of the State I didn't know they had anything else.

The video for "Dammit" is really funny. If you've just become a fan of the band you may think who the hell is the guy that's not Travis. That's their old drummer. That's besides the point.

Mark and Tom, but especially Mark, act like complete idiots in it. That's may not come as a surprise looking at their other comedic music videos, but being ten years old and the 'class clown' in primary school when I first saw it, I was inspired by their forced stupidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment